Sunday 8 June 2014

Showcasing Irish Design

I found myself in Kilkenny Design Store at the weekend after a Hen/Bachelorette night out. No. I did NOT make the suggestion to go there, someone else did, but I happily obliged! Kilkenny Stores are celebrating 50 years of showcasing Irish Design and whenever I am in Kilkenny itself, I love to visit this branch as not only is it jam packed with loveliness, the building itself, just across from the Castle gates, is spectacular. Beautiful linen textiles caught my eye first. I was introduced to Gail Kelly Designs and confirmed that Jennifer Slattery's napkins will definitely be adorning my table at some stage. Amidst the gorgeous cushions and linens, Orla Kiely gets her very own section *sigh* and then, just upstairs, you can pause for coffee, treats and scrummy food under stunning Beams, Brick and Industrial Style lighting. Some amazing Art Work covers the walls also. I'll leave you with a little peak through a window of the beautiful courtyard, leading to the Craft section which I didn't have time to pop into today. Oh well, I'll just have to go back...













No comments:

Post a Comment