Wednesday 22 October 2014

A Wednesday Morning Chat ♥

Just when you thought I was done talking about Copenhagen...
It's an awful day here in Dublin, Ireland but I have been cheering myself up by taking out some of my small purchases from the trip a few weekends ago. A highlight for me was a visit to the flagship store of Royal Copenhagen www.royalcopenhagen.com on the main shopping street, Amagertorv. If you ever get a chance to visit this building, don't pass it up as the minute I walked in, I knew i was in Scandi Heaven!
The main display that greeted me when I walked in had a beautiful example of "a new take on an Old Danish Papercutting Tradition" by Designer and Artist Marianne Eriksen Scott-Hansen. I'm so sad that I had no Camera with me due to battery dying {rookie-never-gonna-happen-again-mistake} but I am sharing with you my example of her work which is currently hanging in my hall. It could easily go on the Christmas tree but I think, with the Irish Tradition of Halloween/Oiche Samhain coming up, it's a Spooky addition to our hall, don't you think?

A small example of these beautiful, hand-cut creations, that also came in White

No comments:

Post a Comment